The value methodology (VM) is a systematic and structured approach for improving projects. VM, which is also known as Value Engineering, is used to analyze and improve design and construction projects.
VM helps achieve an optimum balance between function, performance, quality, safety, and cost. The proper balance results in the maximum value for the project.
Value is the reliable performance of functions to meet customer needs at the lowest overall cost.
The VM workshops that S3E Engineers has participated in follows SAVE International’s standard job plan, which consists of six phases:
- Information: Gather information to better understand the project.
- Function Analysis: Analyze the project to understand and clarify the required functions.
- Creative: Generate ideas on all the possible ways to accomplish the required functions.
- Evaluation: Synthesize ideas and concepts and select those that are feasible for development into specific value improvements.
- Development: Select and prepare the best alternatives for improving value.
- Presentation: Present the value recommendation to the project stakeholders.
S3E Engineers has extensive experience participating in Value Engineering workshops. This experience carries over into the MEP and structural design process where it helps optimize the design of our projects. It allows us to always provide the best design that meets the client’s needs within the constraints of the project budget.
Our client list for value engineering includes numerous state, city and federal agencies including:
- Corp of Engineers
- The State of Virginia
- City of New York
- Fairfax County
- State Department Overseas Building Operations (OBO)